And the Winner is….
Long time…no blog! Did you miss me?
In case you were you wondering what happened (or not), I’ve been waiting…for all your contest submissions to flow in.
Remember? In my last blog, I asked you: How have you overcome inertia in your financial life…without waiting to be hit over the head with a sledgehammer? The winner would get a mouse pad.
To all who entered, thank you. There were some great ideas.
To all of you who are struggling with inertia and haven’t a clue what to do, help is here…take a look:
- Honorable mention goes to Tracy, who quoted a bumper sticker: “Debt is Normal. Be Weird.” Great words to live by!!!!
- Third runner up is Donna, for calling me “a genius for starting this contest.” …in all due modesty.
- Second runner up is a financial coach, Michele, who advocated hiring a “financial coach like us.” Makes sense to me!
- First runner up is Barbara W. who declared “a deadline can be a powerful force against inertia, even if it’s self-imposed.” For example, she suggests, “agree with a friend to update your wills by the end of November, and schedule cocktails to celebrate.” Cheers to that idea!
- The Winner is: Laurie, who suggested a great exercise: “write down the best things that could happen if you change what you’re doing now AND the worst things that could happen if you don’t change. Then share the results with one person and receive feedback.” This is quite an eye-opener!
Congratulations, Laurie…if you email me your address, I’ll send you a bright red mouse pad that says “Scare Yourself Every Day!!! You’ll be the envy of the office. But let them know, they too can order one on my website: www.barbarastanny.com. Come to think of it, those mouse pads would make great Xmas gifts.