I believe that money is merely a tool for living life on your own terms. But like any tool, you must understand how to use it skillfully and wisely to get the maximum benefit with minimum risk.
I think of my husband’s chainsaw which he expertly operates. In my hands, it would lead to disaster.
Let me give you the simple Instructions for skillfully handling money (also known as the 4 Rules of Wealth):
The first 3 are the How-to’s. The 4th is the Why.
If you’re having a hard time following the how-to instructions, perhaps you need a stronger, clearer why. This is what motivates women to become financially successful–not just having more money in the bank, but using it to help others.
Those who master all four become what I call Affluencers—women who not only create wealth but wield significant influence, in areas they feel passionate about.
Scott Fitzgerald once said to Hemingway “The rich are different from you and me.” To which the other author replied: “Yes, they have more money.”
True. But the more important question is: Why do they have more money?
The reason, I believe, is that the rich think differently.
I grew up wealthy. I’ve talked to thousands of affluent women. I’m not talking about highly paid celebrities that go bankrupt, but those who sustain their wealth over a long period.
One day, I made a list of things I consistently hear the affluent say, or imply. I came up with 9 common statements that seem to represent how they think.
- I am confident about my ability to create wealth. It’s part of my self-image
- I respect money and I value myself.
- I understand and follow the rules of money (spend less; save more; invest wisely).
- I see no obstacles. Only opportunities.
- I talk possibility. Not limitation.
- I’m willing to do the tough stuff (that scares everyone else…and also me!)
- I know how to use risk to amplify my wealth.
- I rely on a team to help me manage my money.
- I take responsibility…for everything.
If you can think of more, I’d love to hear them. Also, these 9 statements make great affirmations.
If you enjoyed these “Words of Wealth”, head over to my website and sign-up for my FREE weekly newsletter at: www.barbarastanny.com